Two years back, the instructor of Digital Electronics was telling his story of what it likes to be an Engineering student in Nepal, specially student of Institute of Engineering (IOE) under Tribhuvan University (TU). The course Digital Electronics EG677EX which he was teaching according to him was only few years old (less than 10 years!) and he was lucky plus us, the students. His story, however, was not about less than 10 years old curricula which the universities in Nepal still consider to be up to-date and fresh but was about 90% of the courses in Bachelor’s of Engineering (specially for Electronics and Communications Engineering) which were already more than 12/13 years old and still being taught.
Based on my experience of AIT, I have prepared 10 modern myths of modern AIT. Most of the points are based on what I did expect before coming, even before being accepted to admission and what actually I found here, what many of the students find here. These are randomly list, not prioritized in any order. 10 Modern Myths of AIT (unexpectables?) is my personal experience and believing, AIT’s different (show your love).
I thought I know this subject matter but.. alas! the world is a different scenario now. All areas are of human interest, none of them are left untouched. For an instance, I thought I knew the difference between hardware and software, I thought I knew the logic behind the Ohm’s law formula, I thought I knew the difference between Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) and Ad-hoc Networks. And only today, I happened to realize that “research” is the devil, encraving every fields even narrower and narrower, while the broad vision of anything would be falsified.
I tweeted just at initiation of this article: “You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.” Henry Ford. This is going to be true for all forms of “School” in our lives.
Maoists are withstanding their indefinite general strike in Nepal since last Saturday (May 1). The party cadres are now with sorts of weapons like lathis and stones, and eventually the Nepal bandh is turning into violence. In some of the places there are clashes between Maobadi cadres and local peoples againts the strikes.
This indefinite strike by Maoists is costing Nepal lots. Here’s what Maoists do it all – bandhs, strikes, and whatever they could do in Nepal for their leaders, in glimpses of pictures across various papers and magazines published in the country recently. Continue reading
Express you opinion of the following considering your best moments in life. Most options, if not all the options must be your points. ‘True friends come in the good times when we tell them to, and come in the bad times…..without calling.’
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing till your stomach hurts.
3. Enjoying a ride down the country side.
4. Listening to your favorite song on the radio.
5. Going to sleep listening to the rain pouring outside.
6. Getting out of the shower and wrapping yourself with a warm, fuzzy towel.
7. Passing your final exams with good grades.
8. Being part of an interesting conversation.
9. Finding some money in some old pants.
10. Laughing at yourself.
11. Sharing a wonderful dinner with all your friends.
12. Laughing without a reason.
13. ‘Accidentally‘ hearing someone say something good about you.
14. Watching the sunset.
15. Listening to a song that reminds you of an important person in your life.
16. Receiving or giving your first kiss.
17. Feeling this movement in your body when seeing this ‘special’ someone.
18. Having a great time with your friends.
19. Seeing the one you love happy.
20. Wearing the shirt of a person you love and smelling his/her perfume.
21. Visiting an old friend of yours and remembering great memories.
22. Hearing some telling you ‘I LOVE YOU’
‘True friends come in the good times when we tell them to, and come in the bad times…..without calling.’ This blog post can be the best option to mail to your close friends and family.
Share with your friends now or read awesome quotes on Love, friendship and life from Chetan Bhagat’s Revolution 2020.
Win a free trip to this country* : Simply answer these 10 questions, There is ONLY one country in the world where events as listed (below) occur as told to me by my phrenal cortex. Name this country (if it is?).
- Where if your car gets somebody (most probably a drunkard) down, the highway and roads are blocked at least for 2 days? The supporter of drinking must be praised in here.
- Where the road gets off to off road within 7 days of pitching it? (I don’t know just putting coal tar in a graveled roads is termed as pitched road.)
- In which you can do bandh (strike or closing) whenever and for whatever reason you desire? (Simply it’s your choice)
- Where there is said to be democracy out BUT you don’t have liberty of speech and life style? (Will I be wrong if I like the Royal Family?)
- Where building blocks on fertile land and damping domestic products for importing foreign stuff (even a needle) is considered development? (This is self proven axiom of the most of the 3rd world country, hay hay I gave you another clue, na!)
- In which you can’t ask somebody (most probably celebs or you better guess) ‘Do you sleep with your wife?’ being a press reporter? (I agree some pressman and photojournalists are too much on their anchorage, this should be now of NO topic or the bread roll.)
- Where ministers and MPs don’t go to their districts rather they spend days attending seminars on importing new hybrid potato seeds in a star hotel and commenting in the present political scenario with respect to THE POTATO species. (The comments must probably be of another contemporary leader be it of the same party or the other.)
- Where there is a written law and order but law makers force people not to follow it? (I think this one is a question NOT only for this country… most of the developing countries love it.)
- People boost than do? You can claim yourself THE ULTIMATE NUMBER # 1. (Few example: This is the BEST and #1 facial product of the NATION. The most listened and read MEDIA HOUSE. The most visited PORTAL of the kind. I wonder I’m not easy going with my claim of Ekendra’s Blog is the BEST BLOG of its kind in the WHOLE country and I’m the BEST Blogger in here. Any objections? I don’t care because here is not an asterisk to my product, oops! my words.)
- Where no such thing called INTERNAL TOURISTS occur? You are not allowed to ride on a tourists coach simply because you are an inter-country traveler and with no POWER. (Power, I like to define as, is the reachability of rich and haves group of this country- I haven’t visited any other country yet.)
A bonus Q : Where your next friend or a relative prepares pitfalls for you if you begin to have improvements in your life either socially or economically? I strongly argue, please don’t open another Boarding School (Pvt Ltd) in your tole for your neighbors might not sleep nights for making a PLAN. (It’s shocking huh!)
Disclaimer: *I don’t know if this (entity) is really a country. It’s really underway. If you’re the dirtizen (oops! another wrongly spelled word, don’t worry this includes me too), you sure are going to make a trip!
Visit this post again if you are eligible for the participation! Commenting is the ONLY way entertained, no wrappers or biscuit cases to be dropped!