Stretch That Litre
In order to get the maximum mileage from your motorcycle you should keep the following points in mind.
- Drive at steady speed (between 40 to 50 km/hr)
- Maintain correct tyre pressure
- Adjust drive chain tension correctly
- Get your engine tuned and motorcycle serviced regularly by a Hero Honda authorized dealer
- Do not keep the clutch lever pressed while riding
- Do not run the engine in low gear for long times
- Do not park your motorcycle under direct sunlight as it causes evaporation of petrol
- Do not keep brake pedal pressed while riding
- Do not raise the engine rpm during traffic halts
- Switch off the engine if the halt is for more than 30 seconds
- Do not cover Inlet of Air Filter assembly
- Do not cover the engine in the front and sides. This may restrict the smooth air flow to the engine fins required for air cooling and the engine may run at a higher temperature.
|In case you wish to have the fuel efficiency tested, please take your motorcycle to the nearest dealer and ask for a fuel efficiency test (“KPL test”) done. They can then also make any adjustments that are found necessary.