Your car’s dashboard computer lets you know when an oil change is needed and when your next service is due. The new TuneUp Utilities Start Center fulfills this role for your computer. It indicates problems it finds, what has changed since the last startup, and whether your computer settings are optimal.
Let’s begin to discuss maximum utilization of
TuneUp Utilities 2009, a complete PC tuning program from TuneUp Softwares GmbH, with above quotes from first words of the help centre of the program. This program can quickly and logically make Windows Operating System (OS) faster, easier to use, and more secure. After all, all the operations performed are completely safe due to rescue feature which lets undone tasks at any time.
TuneUp Utilities all new Start up Center gives quick access to all the components or features. And using all those modules and micro modules one can explore to tune Windows XP or Vista highly.
Tip: NTFS is better than FAT.
- Why is my computer running noticeably slow? Ans: 1
- How do I control my computer starting with so many unnecessary programs?
- How do I find out if a program that starts automatically is necessary?
- How do I automatically start up my program with booting?
- How do I gain memory out of un/used programs?
- I think a virus or an infected file starts automatically and drastically slows down my system, how do I solve this issue?
- Increase Performance of Your computer
- TuneUp Drive Defrag: Checks gradual fragmentation of hard disk and defragments, and thus speeds up the OS and other programs
- TuneUp Registry Defrag: Compresses registry by removing obsolete & unnecessary registry entries to new version with valid data in correct order.
- TuneUp Speed Optimizer: Quick Optimization and Performance Advisor, Suggests numerous ways to optimize your computer. Vital program for all level of PC user.
- TuneUp StartUp Manager: Easily remove those programs which start up with system without your consent. TuneUp StartUp Manager finds every application that launches itself automatically, no matter where the start command is hidden. If you can recognize the automatically running suspicious program is a virus or malware, you can remove from the list (also see process manager below).
- TuneUp Memory Optimizer (Windows XP only): monitors and optimizes free memory in the background in Windows XP OS.
- How do I find how much disk space is occupied by Temporary files, Thumbnail cache, Microsoft Error reports, Log files and Broser cache?
- How do I gain disk space without removing useful programs?
- How much disk space is occupied by Music folder?
Free up disk space
- Remove unnecessary files and backups from your disks
- Remove Windows functions eg Energy-saving mode ie Hibernate, Windows Messenger, Windows Desktop Search and any other if available that occupy larger amounts of disk space.
- Organize and manage your hard disk files and folders easily, find which folder is occupying how much space.
- How do I remove shortcut of a program that was uninstalled and no more needed?
- How do I clean Windows Vista Registry in the fastest possible time?
- How do I clean up system for obsolete files and program references?
- How do I remove a program that is not listed in Windows Add/Remove Program or Program Features from Control Panel?
- How do I remove more than 1 program at once form Windows Vista?
Clean up Windows
- TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance: another must used module that cleans up your system and defragments your drives at the click of a mouse button as the name suggests 1-click.
- TuneUp Registry Cleaner: you will never need a third party registry only cleaning program for extra cash. TuneUp Registry Cleaner removes invalid entries and references from the system. This heavily increases system performance.
- TuneUp ShortCut Cleaner: messed up with interface icons, invalid shortcuts and references. Use the ShortCut Cleaner module.
- TuneUp Uninstall Manager: uninstalls programs according to your permissions, also detects programs that you can’t remove from Windows default add/remove or program features from Control Panel. All removes/repairs multi-programs at once.
- How do I detect or correct errors on my hard disk drives?
- How do I undelete files and folders or how do I recover my accidently removed files and folders?
- How do I remove Windows problems?
- How do I recover files that have been deleted from recycle bin or from hard disk?
Solve your Computer problems:
- TuneUp Disk Doctor: drive defects on constant use, power outages or software crashes and more errors are detected and rectified on drives
- TuneUp Repair Wizard: corrects frequently occurring Windows problems quickly and easily, for simple solutions to frequent Windows problems
- TuneUp Undelete: with this small tool it is usually possible to recover deleted files and regain work, this entails with only probability and recovery should be tried sooner for better chances to recover files.
Please do not install software for the recovery of deleted files on your computer when you have already deleted the file! When you install the software, you may overwrite the lost file forever. Even if you install the software on a different drive, temporary installation files may be written over the files you are trying to recover.
- How do I easily customize Windows interface?
- I don’t want to use background image for each folder type?
- Show windows contents while dragging
- Show color shading in title bar
- Show mouse pointer shadow
- Display selection rectangle with color background
- How do I show or remove Windows version on desktop?
- How do I check font smoothing for ClearType?
- Control right click/context menus of files and folder for Send to, Copy to and Move to.
- I want Open Command Prompt Here when I right click/context menus a folder.
- I don’t want so many programs in the New submenu of context menus/right click for desktop, explorer and save dialogs. (see img)
- How do I assign default application to open with notepad or the program of my choice or show Open with… dialog?
- I don’t want to add “Shortcut” suffix and Shortcut arrow to new shortcuts.
- I don’t use third party Compression programs or ZIP, How do I show compressed ZIP archives as folders?
- How do I restore folder window opened last when logging on?
- How do I change the color for Compressed files and Encrypted files?
- I want to display check box for the selection of elements and when entering text in the list want to automatically add to search field.
- How do I remove the drive letter C:, D: … to display under My Comput
- How do I hide my drive partitions from Computer general view?
- How do I display special objects under My Computer eg Administrative Tools, Fonts, Network Connections, Printers?
- How do I remove Recycle Bin from desktop and show it under My Computer?
- How do I set mouse pointer to default position automatically?
- How do I activate active window tracking hovering mouse after 5 seconds?
- How do I disable or enable Windows/natural key functions eg Windows+E or Windows+M?
- What is the shortcut to open new explorer window or My Computer?
- How do I open menus only via mouse click?
- Change what the power off button does- put computer in energy-saving mode, put computer in stand by mode or shut down the computer.
- I don’t want to display a list of recently used files and programs for my privacy.
- How do I configure notification area on task bar for New hardware found balloon?
- How do I hide this computer in the Network Places of other computers?
- How do I enable or disable administrative shares ie network access to all disks?
- I want to control potential security risk and disable Universal Plug & Play feature, how do I disable UPnP?
Internet Explorer hacking:
- Enable or disable search bar in Internet Explorer
- Add your own custom search code to Internet Explorer Search box, including Google Custom Search Codes, be safe huh.
- Include your own name or phrase in stead of Windows Internet Explorer in the Internet Explorer title bar.
- Specify which user-defined menu entries are to be displayed in the Internet Explorer context menu.
- Change the User Agent String in Internet Explorer. How do I identify sites as I am browsing on Blackberry?
- How do I enable pipelining feature in Mozilla Firefox? Pipelining is a function that reduces the time needed to load web pages. When this function is used, multiple page elements are downloaded simultaneously over a single connection. This function is not supported by all web servers and can cause data transmission problems.
- How do I change the Speed Dial display from 3×3 to 4×4 for Opera?
- How do I check/disable Automatic Windows Updates without displaying any icons on notification bar and security center?
- How do I disable sending Windows and other Program error reports to Microsoft after crashes?
- Require Ctrl+Alt+Del in order to log on
- Hide name of the last user
- Specify whether the system may be shut down when no user is logged on
- How do I enable or disable automatic logon in Windows Vista?
- How do I prevent skipping the logon procedure by pressing the shift key?
- Notify users of new company rules before they log on
- How do I disable AutoPlay features for removable media including CDs, DVDs, Bluray Discs and pen drives?
- How do I manage the Windows Virtual Memory for Driver and Windows System core?
- How do I delete paging file each time my computer shutdown?
- I want to run Desktop and taskbar in separate processes so that when one crashes another will still be working.
- How do I restart desktop and taskbar automatically after Windows crash or errors?
- How do I change Windows registration Name and Product ID?
- How can I change the default Music folder from C: drive to D: still retaining the same files and configurations, without copying files from C: to D:?
- I want my default My Document folder to be in D: drive and NOT in C: drive, so that when my primary or OS partition is gone, I could still retrieve my docs.
- User Account Control (UAC) is a Windows Vista function which prevents unauthorized changes to the computer. How do I activate or deactivate Windows Vista UAC?
- How do I activate or deactivate Windows Security Center so that I don’t want to be warned of non-installed virus scanner, non-installed firewall, old security software and deactivated UAC?
Totally Customize the look and feel of your Windows:
- TuneUp System Control: without using sophisticated softwares you can quickly and easily control Windows operating environment to your needs and tastes, you can change Windows and program settings, adjust display, adjust Start Menu and Taskbar, Adjust network settings
- TuneUp Styler
Additional Tools essential for better computing
- TuneUp Process Manager:
- TuneUp Registry Editor:
- TuneUp Shredder:
- TuneUp System Information: