– An applicant wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to the interviewer and the music at the same time.
– An applicant fell and broke his arm during the interview.
– A candidate announced she hadn’t had lunch and proceeded to eat a hamburger and french fries in the interviewer’s office.
– An applicant explained that her long-term goal was to replace the interviewer.
– A candidate said he had never finished high school because he was kidnapped and kept in a closet in Mexico.
– A balding candidate excused himself and returned to the office a few minutes later wearing a hairpiece.
– An applicant said that if he was hired he would demonstrate his loyalty by having the corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.
– An applicant interrupted interview to phone her therapist for advice on how to answer specific interview questions.
– A candidate brought a large dog to interview.
– An applicant refused to sit down and insisted on being interviewed while standing up.
– One candidate dozed off during interview.