Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/eken/public/e/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Single/SinglePost.php on line 1081
Course Title : Cloud Computing
Course Code : COM XXX.3
Credit : 3
Class Load : 3 hours
Practical+Theory (50+50 = 100) marks
Cloud Computing Course Objective:
The main objective of this course covering the concept of three main domains of Cloud Systems: Cloud Systems, Cloud applications and paradigms, and challenge in cloud.
- Introduction (6 Hrs)
Defining the Cloud, The Emergence of Cloud Computing, Grid Computing or Cloud Computing, Types of Cloud, Cloud Computing Paradigms and Services, Components of Cloud Computing, Ethical issues in Cloud Computing, Cloud Vulnerabilities, and Characteristic of Cloud Computing.
- Networks in Cloud Computing (6 Hrs)
Parallel Computing, Distributed Systems, Network Architecture for Cloud: Data Center Network, Data Center Interconnect Network and Internet, Foundations of Cloud Computing Infrastructures: Virtualization Technology, Automation in Cloud Computing, Network Architecture for Hybrid Deployment, Concept of Autonomic Computing.
- Roles of Grid Computing and Autonomic Computing in Cloud Computing (6 Hrs)
Grid Computing, Interaction of Models of Grid and Cloud Computing, Distributed Computing in Grid and Cloud, Layered Models and Usages Patterns in Grid and Cloud, Interoperability in Grids and Clouds, Autonomic Computing, System Models of Autonomic Computing, Roles and Importance of Autonomic Computing in Cloud, Autonomic Cloud Computing.
- Cloud Service Models and Cloud Infrastructure ( 9 Hrs)
Jericho Cloud Cube Model, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, Communication-as-a-Service, Database-as-a-Service, Cloud Computing at Amazon, Amazon Web Services, Cloud Computing from the Google Perspective, Window Azure and Online Services, Open Source Software Platforms for Private Clouds.
- Cloud Computing Applications and Paradigms ( 6 Hrs)
Existing Cloud Application: Processing Pipelines, Batch Processing Systems, Web Applications, Architecture Style for Cloud Applications, Workflow in Cloud Applications, Coordination Models, Hadoop System, Social Computing and Cloud Computing.
- Cloud Networks ( 6 Hrs)
Evolution from Managed Service Providers (MSP) to Cloud Computing, Single Purpose Architecture to Multi-purpose Architecture, Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Data Center, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Combining and SOA, Characteristic of SOA, Open Source Software in Data Centers.
- Security in Cloud Computing ( 6 Hrs)
Cloud Security Challenges, Dimensions of Cloud Security: Security and Privacy, Compliance, and Legal or Contractual Issues, Risk Management, Security Monitoring, Incident Response Planning, Security Architecture Design, Vulnerability Assessment, Data and Application Security, Virtual Machine Security, Handling Disasters management in Cloud.
Cloud Computing Practical:
There shall be application lab exercises covering all features of Cloud System
- Cloud Computing: Principle and Paradigms, Rajkumar Buyya and Willliam Voorsluys, James Broberg, Wiley Publication Inc.
- Cloud Computing: Theory and Practice, Dan C. Marinescu, MK Publications.
- Cloud Application Architeture, George Reese, O’Reilly Media Inc.
- Cloud Computing for Dummies, Judith Hurwitz, Robin Bloor, Marcia Kufman, Wiley Publication Inc.
- Handbook of Cloud Computing, Borko Furht, Armando Escalante, Springer, 2010.
- Cloud Computing and SOA Convergence in Your Enterprise, a Step by Step Guide, David S. Linthcum, Addison Wesley Publication.
Redesigned course on Cloud Computing for Bachelor’s of Engineering students (Pokhara University)
- Introduction to the Cloud Computing
- Defining the cloud
- The Emergence of Cloud Computing
- Possibilities and issues of Cloud Computing
- Business vs Technology of Cloud Computing (Cloudonomics)
- Cloud Computing as remote computing
- Parallel Computing & Distributed Systems
- Data Center: Network, Interconnection
- Virtualization Technology
- Autonomic Computing
- Cloud Service Models and Cloud Infra
- Jericho Cloud Cube Model
- XaaS, X = cloud service
- Cloud Model
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Government Cloud
- Cloud Service Provisioning
- Industry wise Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Azure (SPI all)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Compute
- Open Source Software Platforms
- Managed Service Providers (MSP) & challenges
- Industry wise Cloud Computing
- Cloud applications and future of Cloud computing
- Web applications
- Social and cloud computing
- Big Data and IoT
- Cloud Security, Compliance and Standards
- BPC & DRRM
Cloud Computing Course Materials
- Regular class discussion – everything presented and talked about
- Service provider’s Home page and documentation (eg: AWS documentation)
- OwnCloud – best example of personal cloud
|Ch||Name of Chapter||No of classes
|Weightage||Mode of delivery (Supplement to Lecture)||Remarks|
|2||Cloud Computing as remote computing
|3||Cloud Service Models and Cloud Infra||6||30||80% Hands-on (practical)
|4||Cloud Service Provisioning||5||20||60% Hands-on (practical)
|5||Cloud applications and future of Cloud computing||5||20||40% Hands-on (practical)|