Microsoft Reveals Windows 7 XPM ‘XP Mode’- another plus point of Windows 7
Just after Microsoft announced the availability of their most awaited OS Windows-7, it’s time for another feature that would be much appreciated. It’s called XPM meaning XP Mode inside Windows 7 would be supposed to eliminate all flaws that were stuck with the failure OS Vista. The concept is based on Virtualization providing backward compatibility.
This will let users run applications designed for Windows XP in a virtual machine, this feature was highly missed by every user of Vista. Dubbed ‘Windows XP Mode’, the add-on creates an XP virtual environment running under Virtual PC, Microsoft’s client virtualisation technology, within Windows 7, said Scott Woodgate, the director of Windows enterprise and virtualization strategy.
The full version of this article is available at ekendraonline.com- redefined to meet more tech
More interested topics about Windows 7:
- Time for Windows 7, Developers geeting Windows 7 RC next week (May ‘09)
- Kaspersky Lab announces anti-virus for Windows 7
- Windows 7 to ditch Internet Explorer?
- Compare Windows 7 Versions – which edition of Windows 7 is the best?
- All editions of Windows 7 to run on Netbooks says Microsoft
- Topics labeled Windows-7 at geeklog
- Details about the new Microsoft OS Windows 7 from their official website:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/