If you are a owner of Spice D88 or D88n or similar mobile sets, and want to internet connect in your Computer/Laptop via mobile phone but the driver installation for the mobile phone modem has hindered due to Vista’s 64 bit on your way. Here’s the complete visual guide on how to set up mobile sets as modem for connecting internet in laptop or desktop.
Similar article for 32-bit (normal) Windows Vista is posted here.
Screenshots are from Spice Mobiles D88 and Windows Vista 64x Home Premium. You also need the initial mobile driver/software installation disc handy.
How to Set up Spice D88 as a CDMA or GPRS modem in Windows Vista 64x: Step by Step Visual Guide
Initial steps: Insert the installation disc(CD or DVD) or in case you didn’t have one, there might be set up folder in the phone memory (card)—copy it to your hard disk. Time to connect your mobile phone to the USB port (or PCMCIA port, in rare cases).
The best approach is to install (by autorun) the driver and necessary programs- for Spice D88 you can find one at their official website, spicemobiles.in.
2. The driver software for Mobile Phone USB Modem Driver has been successful. Port address COM9 may vary. (You might be asked for the installation disc or path, my suggestion run the driver setup file from the installation folder.) Remember the port address.
4. Click Add to add new hardware ie your mobile phone. Add Hardware Wizard appears. Select Standard Modem Types on Manufacturer (above already configured handhelds) and on the models side, go to the button to select Standard PCMCIA Card Modem.
This completes the installation of Spice Mobile D88/n as a modem in Windows Vista 64x. Proceed further to create a new dial-up connection. (Skip- if you know about it to the button of the page to write your few words to this article)Update: The same article applies to/related to
- how to connect internet using Spice D-88 gold
- how to connect internet using UTL CDMA
- how to connect internet using mobile or CDMA
- how to setup gprs modem